Monday, April 9, 2012

Semana Santa and All

Time is literally flying by and I am quite sad to say we only have a short 6 weeks left. The weather is beautiful here in Costa Rica, sunshine and a mild breeze. We have recently returned from a week break for the Passover and Easter celebrations.

I traveled with my friend, Ori, to Nicaragua during this time and we visited the island in the middle of the lake called Ometope. This was quite an exciting trip and we were able to practice our Spanish and see a very different country from Costa Rica. The people were of course just a friendly but there was definitely a very present sense of poverty and struggle within the country.

This week I am starting a course on negotiations which will prove to be very interesting. We have a soccer tournament in Nicaragua for Upeace at the end of April to look forward to as well. I will be participating on the Women’s Soccer team.

Also, Maggie and I are organizing a Pura Vida Walk/Run from Ciudad Colon to the University for May in conjunction with our host Rotary club to raise money for the Red Cross. I am very excited about this event!

No comments:

Post a Comment