Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Teach for America & End of Year Wrap Up

I will officially be teaching science in Eastern North Carolina this fall for Teach for America :) I am very excited to working for such an exciting organization! What another amazing opportunity for me to give back to my wonderful home state and be within driving distance of my family and friends.

School is wrapping up quickly here in Costa Rica. I cannot believe the year is drawing to a close! We are in preparation for graduation which will be May 25th. Most of us will not be finished with our thesis for the ceremony and others will leave to do internships elsewhere but we want to have ceremony to celebrate before everyone departs for the next part in their journey for peace.

I recently came back from the Annual United Nations Central American Soccer Tournament, where our men’s soccer team won the tournament and the women’s team placed fourth. However, though we didn’t win our team was awarded the Best Team Spirit and we had a fabulous time. This was a truly memorable experience for representing Upeace in the soccer tournament.

I am very excited to be helping our host club of Belen, this coming weekend with a Tope, which is a horse parade that is very popular in Costa Rica. Maggie, JP, and I are also in process of organizing a 6k Run for Peace from Ciudad Colon to our university and we are hoping to raise money for the local Red Cross and Polio Plus.

Looking forward to an excellent end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment